Wednesday, May 11, 2011

School Photos

Here's a quick one I did with the sketch at Sketchy Thursdays.

I loved this sketch! To incorporate the "circle" elements on the left side of the sketch I used some chipboard letters as a mask and misted over them onto graph paper. It was as visible as I wanted it to be, so I traced around each letter with a brown pen to. I used several different companies on this layout, basically I've been trying to use up my stash whenever possible! Supply List:  Blue background~not sure of company. Strips on the side~Crate Paper. "School" letters~October Afternoon. "photos" letters~Scenic Route. Small sticker letters~Karen Foster. Chipboard pieces~DCWV.

5 comments:

  1. Amy - love the misted alphas on place of the circles! Really great layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like how you used the letters to replace the circles from the sketch. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love how you used the letters instead of the circles! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used letters for those circles in the sketch. Brilliant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea to use masked letters in place of the circles! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete